The 1000 Mile Ultimate Tactel® Approach Sock is designed for maximum comfort with today’s technical approach footwear.
Looking for light, summer walking socks? The unique combination of fibres maintains a comfortable temperature for the foot so these are ideal. A favourite for our customers taking on challenges like the Camino de Santiago.
The 100% Tactel® inner layer stays with the foot, wicking away moisture, whilst the soft merino wool-mix outer moves with the shoe, reducing friction and helping to prevent blisters and reduce wear.
Use for 2 season walking and off-road activities in lightweight boots as well as approach or trail shoes.
Heel Power Technology – keeps the socks firmly in place on the foot to stop them slipping.
- Arch bracing gives additional support
- Heel Power grips the heel firmly in place – so no slippage!
- Double layer construction eliminates friction between foot and shoe, reducing wear and preventing blisters
- Tactel® inner layer wicks away perspiration to keep feet dry and cool
- Available in Men’s and Ladies sizing.
100% Tactel inner lining. What is Tactel®…?
Soft, light and surprisingly strong. A dynamic, speciality fibre, Tactel® garments are soft, supple, smooth, breathable and lightweight. According to testing Tactel® fibre is at least twice as soft and 20% lighter than most other fibres. It also dries 8 times faster than cotton. With its soft feel, moisture wicking and quick drying properties this yarn is the perfect yarn to line our socks helping to keep the feet cool and dry during activity.
This product contains Merino Wool.
Merino wool is one of softest types of wool available and is perfect for regulating body temperature. The wool provides warmth without overheating the wearer and its moisture wicking properties combined with being slightly moisture repellent allow the wearer to remain dry.
Outer Layer – 45% Merino Wool, 44% Nylon, 8% Acrylic and 3% Lycra®.
Inner Layer – 100% Tactel®
Choose the same size sock as your foot size. If you have a narrow fitting (D or less for men, B or less for women) or are on the border between sizes you should go down a size. The sock should be a snug fit with not wrinkles.
- Ladies Small – 3-5.5UK (EUR 36-38.5) BLUE*
- Ladies Medium – 6-8.5UK (EUR 39-42.5) LILAC*
- Men’s Medium – 6-8.5UK (EUR 39-42.5) GREEN*
- Men’s Large – 9-11.1UK (EUR 43-46.5) RED*
- Men’s XL – 12-14UK (EUR 47-49) ROYAL*
*sizing on sock indicated by colour coded toe seam. Image is a Men’s Medium.
- Choose the same size of sock as your foot. If you have narrow feet (D or less) or are on the border between sizes you should go up a size.
- Pull sock on carefully to ensure fitted heel and toe box sit on the foot correctly.
- In order to ensure the double layer system works correctly the sock should be a snug fit with no wrinkles.
Machine wash warm. No Bleach. No tumble dry.