The 1000 Mile Ultimate Heavyweight Walking sock uses the 1000 Mile double layer system to help reduce friction on the skin.
The 100% Tactel® inner liner stays with the foot whilst the soft wool-mix outer layer moves with the shoe. The lack of friction between the layers helps to prevent blisters and reduces wear.
This sock is designed to be thicker than the 1000 Mile Lightweight Walking Sock to provide added volume, insulation and warmth.
Mid-calf length, ideal for 3 and 4 season walking in all boots.
What is Tactel®…?
Soft, light and surprisingly strong. A dynamic, speciality fibre, Tactel® garments are soft, supple, smooth, breathable and lightweight. According to testing Tactel® fibre is at least twice as soft and 20% lighter than most other fibres. It also dries 8 times faster than cotton. With its soft feel, moisture wicking and quick drying properties this yarn is the perfect yarn to line our socks helping to keep the feet cool and dry during activity.
- Excellent durability and insulation from the outer layer gives superior warmth and wear
- The ribbed outer layer hugs the foot but gives high volume to fill traditional boots
- Arch bracing for additional support
- Tactel® inner layer wicks away perspiration to keep the feet cool and dry
- Green colour available in Men’s Sizing ONLY
- Sizing by UK shoe size
Choose the same size sock as your foot size. If you have a narrow fitting (D or less for men, B or less for women) or are on the border between sizes you should go down a size. The sock should be a snug fit with not wrinkles.
- Men’s Medium – 6-8.5UK (EUR 39-42.5) GREEN*
- Men’s Large – 9-11.1UK (EUR 43-46.5) RED*
- Men’s XL – 12-14UK (EUR 47-49) ROYAL*
*sizing on sock indicated by colour coded toe seam.