The 1000 Mile Lightweight Cricket Sock is designed with maximum comfort in mind, no matter how hard the going gets.
These cricket socks have a unique combination of Merino Wool and Cotton fibres that works to maintain a comfortable foot temperature. Combined with the 100% Tactel® moisture wicking inner layer and you have the ideal sock to keep your feet cool and comfortable during play.
What is Tactel®…?
Soft, light and surprisingly strong. A dynamic, speciality fibre, Tactel® garments are soft, supple, smooth, breathable and lightweight. According to testing Tactel® fibre is at least twice as soft and 20% lighter than most other fibres. It also dries 8 times faster than cotton. With its soft feel, moisture wicking and quick drying properties this yarn is the perfect yarn to line our socks helping to keep the feet cool and dry during activity.
The air flow channels and top venting for superior breathability provide additional ways to aid in keeping your feet cool.
Worn by the England Cricket Team – Recommended by the ECB Medical Team.
This product contains Merino Wool:
Merino wool is one of softest types of wool available and is perfect for regulating body temperature. The wool provides warmth without overheating the wearer. Its moisture wicking properties combined with being slightly moisture repellent allow the wearer to remain dry.
- The unique combination of fibres maintains a comfortable temperature for the foot
- The double-layer construction means that your feet stay cool, dry and blister free!
- Fitted heel, arch bracing and a flat toes seam for a custom fit
- Air flow channels for superior breathability
Outer Layer – 45% Merino Wool, 42% Cotton, 12% Nylon and 1% Elastane Lycra.
Inner Layer – 100% Tactel®
Sizing by UK shoe size:
- Medium – UK 6-8.5 / EUR 39-42.5
- Large – UK 9-11.5 / EUR 43-46.5
- XL – UK 12-14 / EUR 47-49
- Choose the same size of sock as your foot. If you have narrow feet (D or less) or are on the border between sizes you should go down a size
- Cut barb with scissors to avoid damage to fabric.
- Pull on sock carefully to ensure the fitted heel and toe box sit on the foot correctly.
- Smooth out any wrinkles between the layers to ensure a snug, smooth fit.
Wash before wearing. Machine wash 30 degree. No Bleach. No tumble dry