The 1000 Mile Ultimate Lightweight Walking sock is a sock within a sock.
This double layer walking sock has a 100% Tactel® inner layer. This inner layer stays with the foot, wicking away moisture, whilst the soft wool-mix outer layer moves with the shoe. The lack of friction between the layers helps to prevent blisters and reduces wear.
With the unique combination of merino wool outer layer and the Tactel® inner layer helps to maintain a comfortable temperature for the foot.
HeelPower grips the heel keeping the sock firmly in place and helping to reduce irritation on the skin caused by the sock slipping on the foot.
Mid -calf length, ideal for 3 season walking in all boots.
What is Tactel®…?
Soft, light and surprisingly strong. A dynamic, speciality fibre, Tactel® garments are soft, supple, smooth, breathable and lightweight. According to testing Tactel® fibre is at least twice as soft and 20% lighter than most other fibres. It also dries 8 times faster than cotton. With its soft feel, moisture wicking and quick drying properties this yarn is the perfect yarn to line our socks helping to keep the feet cool and dry during activity.
This product contains Merino Wool. Merino wool is one of softest types of wool available and is perfect for regulating body temperature. The wool provides warmth without overheating the wearer and its moisture wicking properties combined with being slightly moisture repellent allow the wearer to remain dry.
- Arch bracing for additional support
- Tactel® inner layer wicks away perspiration to keep the feet cool and dry
- Fuchsia and Charcoal colour available in Ladies Sizing
- Charcoal, Navy and Green colours available in Men’s Sizing
Outer Layer – 63% Merino Wool, 34% Nylon & 3% Lycra®
Inner Layer – 100% Tactel®
Choose the same size sock as your foot size. If you have a narrow fitting (D or less for men, B or less for women) or are on the border between sizes you should go down a size. The sock should be a snug fit with not wrinkles.
- Ladies Small – 3-5.5UK (EUR 36-38.5) BLUE*
- Ladies Medium – 6-8.5UK (EUR 39-42.5) LILAC*
- Men’s Medium – 6-8.5UK (EUR 39-42.5) GREEN*
- Men’s Large – 9-11.1UK (EUR 43-46.5) RED*
- Men’s XL – 12-14UK (EUR 47-49) ROYAL*
*sizing on sock indicated by colour coded toe seam.
- Choose the same size of sock as your foot. If you have narrow feet (D or less) or are on the border between sizes you should go down a size
- Cut barb with scissors to avoid damage to fabric when removing from packaging.
- Pull sock on carefully to ensure fitted heel and toe box sit on the foot correctly.
Wash at 40 degrees, No tumble dry.